Our men and women who risk their lives serving our Country should be able to return to a happy and prosperous civilian life. Too often our veterans find it difficult to re-acclimate. Lynne is committed to the principle “no one should be left behind.” Our City must enhance its services to veterans.
As Mayor, Lynne will:
- Initiate a public service announcement campaign to inform veterans about the Philadelphia Veterans Advisory Commission, and the services provided through the Commission, as well as the many other services available from the City. Many veterans are unaware that the City offers this kind of assistance and that must change.
- Coordination with the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Philadelphia Veterans Advisory Commission and other agencies to enhance services to veterans in need.
- Establish a dedicated sub-program to accelerate assistance to veterans with medical and mental health needs while working and coordinating with the Philadelphia Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual Disability’s Services.
- Partner with the business community, trade schools and universities to identify job opportunities for veterans and provide additional training needed to qualify for employment.
- Establish a dedicated sub-program to identify affordable housing and provide assistance for homeless veterans working closely with the City’s Office of Supportive Housing.